One computer in network is showing extremely slow download speed

IT_guy74

Commendable
Apr 5, 2016
Out of 30+ computers at work, they are all getting a download speed of around 7.9 to 8.2 Mb with an upload of anywhere between 8 and 9 Mb upload.

I have one Win 7 Pro computer however that can only get about 800 kb download speed and still around 8 Mb upload speed. I tested the line with my laptop and everything is fine till it gets to this one desktop. I figured it was the integrated ethernet card so I got a USB 3.0 nic card and hooked it up expecting it to have better results, and it was exactly the same.

I'm at a loss as to why starting around the beginning of May just a couple weeks ago, this computer started having a really slow download speed.

Any thoughts?

IT_guy74

Commendable
Apr 5, 2016

I'm sure there were windows updates, AVG, Malwarebytes, and CyberRansom updates.
The strange thing is that this isn't affecting the wireless connection download speeds at all, just the ethernet connection speeds on the integrated card and the USB ethernet adapter.

While I'm troubleshooting this, I've bridged the wireless adapter and the ethernet adapter since this is a production machine.