One computer on network has trouble

Braxtenh

Commendable
May 11, 2016
So, we just got cable one installed a day a, and all of my roommates can connect and be connected just fine wirelessly. I can connect to the access point, however, it iseems either VERY SLOW or just outright dead. It still says I am connected to the Internet, when this is all happening.

I can't seem to place my finger as to what is wrong. I have a strong signal, and when I am plugged in via ethernet, everything runs a okay.

If anyone has any ideas, I am all ears. Thanks in advance.

Solution
Try to check your network card setting and compare to your ethernet modem maybe we you miss something. Check also your ethernet cable, try to check it by plugging your computer to other ports, maybe you have a problem with your cable.
I your ISP AT&T you could save money if you have a home wire protection plan.

Pradz Kindmeadows

Reputable
Mar 21, 2016
I have a similar experience you have but I'll give a shot to help you out. Probably when you said very slow maybe everybody in the house is connected to network and using the network to either to download data, and or watching videos. Then you a problem with you bandwidth usage. Remember you internet account has bandwith allocation sort of, so the higher your subscription amount the higher your bandwidth. That's ok if a have higher bandwidth but if apply of a lower account your going to have lattency problems like slow browsing pixelating video and havin your download data got cut out. I you have problem connecting your computer to the network check the connecting setting by referring to you modems gateway address and password( you can find that on your modem's sticker usually located either at the back of or at the bottom of you modem also make sure that your network setting is on dynamic if you no knowledge of your. Now if have still have problems try to change network settings to static and check you dns data on your computer try to type 8.8.8.8 as your primary dns and 8.8.4.4 as your secordary dns.

Braxtenh

Commendable
May 11, 2016

I thought about that too, however, no one was even home at the time, and all of their computers were off. when they were home, I would ask to have them turn it off. This did nothing to help.

I decided to move my computer closer to the signal itself, going to the living room with the router in it, and did not plug in the ethernet, and it seemed to work.

I then plugged in the ethernet, and I have yet to have a problem. So, I feel like it's wise to say it's my Network card, more than anything else. I feel like the best solution would to have the ISP send out a guy and move the router into my room so I can just remain on a wired connection.

Pradz Kindmeadows

Reputable
Mar 21, 2016
Try to check your network card setting and compare to your ethernet modem maybe we you miss something. Check also your ethernet cable, try to check it by plugging your computer to other ports, maybe you have a problem with your cable.
I your ISP AT&T you could save money if you have a home wire protection plan.

Solution