[SOLVED] One core on Ryzen 2700 not hitting boost clock - is this normal for 2nd Gen?

Taymar02

Prominent
Aug 9, 2019
I have a 2nd-gen Ryzen 2700 (non-x). 7 of the 8 cores hit their boost speed of 4.1 (4091.3) but one seems to max out at 4066.2. I've tried running userbenchmark, prime95, cinebench 15 and setting core affinity to this core in task manager. I had the system running for 48 hours + and left HWinfo64's monitor open the whole time to track each core's historical highest speed.

I know that with the 3000 series it's 'normal' for each core not to hit the boost, but from what I've seen 2nd gen chips should be able to hit the boost speed on all cores (not necessarily all at once - I'm only talking single core performance here).

Fully understand that there's no noticeable performance hit here though I'm curious if this is normal for the Zen+?

CoolerMaster 212 Evo
Asus TUF B450M-plus gaming motherboard (latest bios)
2 x 16gb G.Skill samsung b-die cas14 3200mhz @2133
gtx 1070 8gb
Patriot scorch M2 NVME SSD

Solution
Got it, no - it's not 'worth' the trouble at all - Just curious as to whether this is expected for Zen+.

How do you like the R6 case by the way? Is the soundproofing pretty good?

The R6 is a great case. I like it alot. I have another system that uses the Phanteks Enthoo Luxe. The Luxe temps are lower, but the R6 is noticeably quieter.

Taymar02

Prominent
Aug 9, 2019
Got it, no - it's not 'worth' the trouble at all - Just curious as to whether this is expected for Zen+.

How do you like the R6 case by the way? Is the soundproofing pretty good?