[SOLVED] One Corsair Vengeance rgb light goes off under load

puzvixx

Honorable
Dec 25, 2013
I bought new computer and im having issue with one rgb ram, its fine going with this rainbow wave something until i play games like red dead redemption or something heavy then one of my RAMs stops lighting. I need to turn off and then turn on to goes back to normal (restart wont help). I noticed that when i start the PC the ram RGB are in sync with colors but over time they separate, but it could be different thing with their related to the rgb light pattern
I tried:
updating firmware via iCue few times through the troubleshooting: one time it fixed but some spectrum of colours started weirdly blinking like its broken. Reinstalled again and restarted PC, fixed, but main issue still there
updated bios, mb basically everything
I have turned on a-XMP in BIOS to boost ram speed to 3200, thats the only "overclocking" i have done
Power supply is 750W, i hardly think its not enough, but i read somewhere (with similiar but not the same issue) could be power supply fault
ram and mobo are compatible on their site
switching the ram slot with second one, but the first one was still having the problem¨
I have iCue installed and MSI mystic light or dragon something, but its the same
I may have overlooked some settings or with tried steps i could have made some mistake so be critical to those steps. Im thinking of returning and buying a new ones.

RAM: Corsair Vengeance rgb pro 16gb (2x8gb) 3200Mhz
MB: MSI 450-a Pro Max
CPU: Ryzen 3600
PSU: Corsair RMx Series RM750x
GPU: msi rtx 2070 super trio

Solution
Anyone having the same issue: i replaced them for a new one and it seems fine so far, might be some firmware updating what broke them or i dont know, but under the load its seems ok
i've had trouble with Corsair RGB options twice now.

three SP120 RGB fans whose Lighting Node malfunctioned and burned out two of the fan's aRGB LEDs. now will only show a static light pink with no available lighting patterns.

and a H115i RGB Platinum cooler that started showing odd colors/patterns and nothing would fix it; iCUE updates, reseating cables, etc.
ended up giving it to a friend that just leaves the LEDs off.

i tend to avoid their products for RGB options now.
I have iCue installed and MSI mystic light or dragon something, but its the same
I may have overlooked some settings or with tried steps i could have made some mistake so be critical to those steps. Im thinking of returning and buying a new ones.
i've had some people report issues with LEDs while using two or more control softwares where the settings conflict somehow.

maybe try uninstalling the MSI Mystic software and reinstalling iCUE to see if that fixes the RAM RGB issues.
if it does correct the problem, try contacting each support team(Corsair & MSI) and see if they have any options for avoiding the conflict.

Reactions: puzvixx

puzvixx

Honorable
Dec 25, 2013
Anyone having the same issue: i replaced them for a new one and it seems fine so far, might be some firmware updating what broke them or i dont know, but under the load its seems ok

Solution