[SOLVED] One different colored pixel

Jan 5, 2021
There is a dead or stuck pixel in my laptop display (1920x1080, 1650 Ti)

in white wallpaper it's cyan colored dot,
on black wallpaper it's whiteish dot,
on red wallpaper it's black dot,
on green wallpaper it's a little bit lighter green dot
on blue wallpaper same like green a little bit lighter color dot

checked from this site http://lcdtech.info/en/tests/dead.pixel.htm and i tried jscreenfix, it didn't help

and what is this pixel? Can i fix it?

Last edited:
Solution
Yes, "normally" a dead pixel is permanent, if that's actually what it is. I've seen a couple of displays that had them and then at some point I realized they were gone, but that would be an extremely uncommon event and would not be due to anything anybody had done to "fix" it. I'm sure there ARE some claimed "fixes" out there, and maybe some of them might even actually work in some few equally rare situations, but in general, if there is a dead pixel it's because there is a fault with the panel and it's permanent.

If I had only had the unit for four days, I'd probably take it back to where I bought it, if I bought it new, and complain. Maybe you could get it replaced. Maybe not. It depends on what their "pixel policy" is.
Then the answer is most probably no, there is likely no way to fix it.

And unfortunately, even if the laptop were still under warranty, most manufacturers won't consider a laptop screen, tv or monitor as warrantable unless there are several dead or stuck pixels. There are SOME screen defects or flaws that can sometimes be fixed through various methods, but a dead or stuck pixel is usually not something you can do anything about.

Reactions: p1an2ed
Jan 5, 2021
Then the answer is most probably no, there is likely no way to fix it.

And unfortunately, even if the laptop were still under warranty, most manufacturers won't consider a laptop screen, tv or monitor as warrantable unless there are several dead or stuck pixels. There are SOME screen defects or flaws that can sometimes be fixed through various methods, but a dead or stuck pixel is usually not something you can do anything about.
Thanks for answer, tbh it doesn't botter my daily life and if i not nitpick in red background i can't even see. It's just I bought it 4 days ago so it's new device.

Dec 16, 2020
I have 2 dead pixels on my monitor which annoys me no end.

As far as i am aware a dead pixel is permanent? Can someone corrent me if i am wrong so i can try and fix mine.

Yes, "normally" a dead pixel is permanent, if that's actually what it is. I've seen a couple of displays that had them and then at some point I realized they were gone, but that would be an extremely uncommon event and would not be due to anything anybody had done to "fix" it. I'm sure there ARE some claimed "fixes" out there, and maybe some of them might even actually work in some few equally rare situations, but in general, if there is a dead pixel it's because there is a fault with the panel and it's permanent.

If I had only had the unit for four days, I'd probably take it back to where I bought it, if I bought it new, and complain. Maybe you could get it replaced. Maybe not. It depends on what their "pixel policy" is.

Solution
Jan 5, 2021
I've seen that work for "cloudy" spots on the display. Never seen it work for a dead pixel, but I don't doubt that it "could" work in some circumstances. Depends on what the reason is for the pixel being borked.
Tried almost every solution i found on web and none of them worked, my notebook is Lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3 so i sent e-mail to lenovo about the issue and waiting for a reply also i'll visit service provider

weird thing is when i first open laptop you can't miss the red dot but after some time it slowly fade aways to white

they replied me back and there should be at least 3 dead pixels next to each other or at least 5 from different areas... so they won't help.

That's about what I figured. Keep a close eye out though, if there's one, others may develop, and if they do you'll want to contact them asap. I'm surprised that Lenovo won't take care of it, they're usually very good about product support issues, but like I said earlier the three pixel rule or various other pixel policies aren't uncommon.

TRENDING THREADS