[SOLVED] One display isn't in proper resolution,

Eriox

Honorable
May 23, 2017
Hey guys, So I've connected two monitors together and one of my displays isn't displaying in the resolution it should be displayed, I'm using an GTX 1050 GPU with two monitors which are displayed on my profile, the exact model, so is anybody able to tell me how to get the second display to run at the proper resolution, which is 1680x1050 I believe, or maybe 1920x1050, I see it like that when the display is connected by itself, Thank you

Solution
there are two version of VGA
old one which had just few fixed resolutions
and never one which is using EDID to get monitor info (pin 9 to power up edid rom, its 5 volts)

as it seems windows doesnt sees your EDID, so in this case you will need to use monitor driver (custom inf file) to create your own supported resolutions

What is the model of your 2 monitors and what are there native resolution support? And what's the cable you're using for connection?

Eriox

Honorable
May 23, 2017

Main Display: ViewSonic VA2231wa-LED (1920x1080) Secondary
Extended Display: Acer x223w (1680x1050) and the two cables I'm using are, one goes from DVI to VGA (Main Display) then the second monitor is connected via HDMI to an HDMI Female adapter exported to VGA Female, which is connected to a regular VGA cable that runs into the monitor. P.S I've tried reinstalling my Nvidia drivers, the exact same thing, It could possibly be because I'm using an adapter to convert input signals, but I'm not completely positive on this, so I decided to get some help, thank you :)

I see, well as long as each display is connected individuall to the GPU it should work properly so I think this is a Windows setting issue.

When you right-click on the desktop to change the resolution. Make sure you do it once for each screen as it will only change the resolution on the monitor where you right-clicked. (Hope this explanation makes sense)

there are two version of VGA
old one which had just few fixed resolutions
and never one which is using EDID to get monitor info (pin 9 to power up edid rom, its 5 volts)

as it seems windows doesnt sees your EDID, so in this case you will need to use monitor driver (custom inf file) to create your own supported resolutions

Solution