Question One Ethernet cable to 2 rooms

Feb 15, 2020
I think I have one Ethernet cable in the walls that connect to 2 rooms. One room has internet, the second room shows a yellow exclamation on the Ethernet icon. How can I get both rooms to connect?

How I came to this conclusion:
I recently moved into a rather new apartment and all rooms are fitted with Ethernet ports in the wall which connect to a box in the kitchen wall. I’ve been using internet fine on the PC in one room but I want to hook up another PC in the living room too. When I hooked the second PC up in the living room, windows was showing a yellow exclamation on the Ethernet icon saying I have no internet access. I tried unplugging all the Ethernet cables in the kitchen wall to see which one is connected to the living room, and when I unplugged one of the Ethernet cables, both the living room and other room’s internet showed as disconnected leading me to believe they are either sharing one Ethernet cable or connected to something else that I don’t see. or I’m just missing something.

Feb 15, 2020
Thanks. Also, to rule out any issue with my second computer’s network card I was able to connect both computers to the internet without problem in the room that has internet.

so I guess the first question is, in what situation would one computer have internet and another show a yellow exclamation icon, where disconnecting one Ethernet cable from the hub (or switch?) cause both computers to give a red “X” icon?

Feb 15, 2020
No, they didn't charge me. Korean companies provide really great service. He just changed the way the Ethernet cables were plugged into the hub. Thanks again for your willingness to help!

No, they didn't charge me. Korean companies provide really great service. He just changed the way the Ethernet cables were plugged into the hub. Thanks again for your willingness to help!
Ah, Korea. :) I spent a week on Seoul when I was working for LG. I really liked it--was a very cool experience--especially the road to and from the airport. :)

But man, the music videos--holy crap those were really sad all the time! Nothing but love broken. Of course this was over 10 years ago so I'm sure the music has changed. Was interested to hear techno Christmas songs on the street walking around though, and I'm sure that hasn't changed. :) I should have bought one of those CDs.

TRENDING THREADS