Question One fan not working on case

coreyulp

Reputable
Aug 22, 2019
So i am building my first pc and do not have my gpu yet but i put everything else together today and just booted it up to see if everything came on and I found that only one of my fans on my case are working. I was wondering if this is because I do not have the GPU installed yet or if it is just a faulty mother board because when i change the fan plugs to different outlets on the mother board only one of the plugs works for the fans so i always only have one working. So is there a way to fix this or do i need to wait for my gpu to resolve this?And if it ends up not working is it okay to only have one fan working on the case?

PC Specs:
Case: Fractal Design Focus G MID ATX
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard: ASROCK B450 Pro4
RAM; Vengeance LPX 16GB 3000Mhz
HDD: 1TB Western Digital
SSD: ADATA 128 GB
Future GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

coreyulp

Reputable
Aug 22, 2019
GPU has nothing to do with it but you can't be sure what is going on until you get a picture and can get into BIOS. There's nothing to be gained by checking like this.
Another thing, are you sure that 3rd gen Ryzen compatible BIOS is installed ?
So I went out of town for the weekend and came back and tried figuring some stuff out and found that when I unplug the power supply from the cpu plug on my motherboard that my computer stay booting but with the cpu plugged in it keeps boot looping and nothing shows up on my monitor. So it has to be something wrong with the cpu or my bios is not updated but if my computer is not booting to where anything comes on the screen how do I update my bios? I also reset the cmos battery and it solved a problem I was having with one of my case fans not coming on but I still have the boot loop. Is there anything I can do to resolve my problem of the boot loop?