One game extremely low chance to totally freeze PC?

G

Built my rig. All games run seamlessly on it except for one, which is space engineers.

So I may play the game here and there for a week, fortnight, or month, who knows. And I'll have no problems. But two times I have had an issue where the PC will "seize up" and the display will freeze. Only way to turn the PC off is via power supply switch. All lights and fans still going as normal. First time it happened I was downloading a massive game in background and loading up a planets world (most demanding instance), second time it was tabbing out of the game to check google while in a multiplayer space only world (much less demanding instance). But that's strange because usually I could do this and no problems. Seems totally random. And I've had the computer for 4 months.

I was considering power supply but if that's the case it won't be now, because I have a new PSU. Difficult to test if the hardware change will stop the issue because it could happen tomorrow, it could happen 2 months from now. Totally random. Added to the fact that Battlefront 3 stresses my PC a good bit more in terms of demand and heat and power etc. As stated before, no other games have this particular problem. The only hint I see is that sometimes SE will show up as maxing out my RAM in task manager for a few seconds here and there while loading etc. (I have 8gb DDR3-1600)

Completely dumbfounded, help appreciated.

Solution
make sure the mb bios is updated to rule out a bios bug. make sure the mb chipset and other drivers are up to date.
see if your anti virus has a gaming mode. may be it causing the error. if your running windows 10 make sure you have the newest direct x installed. make sure your gpu supports newer direct x 11/12. use msconfig turn off stuff you dont need running in the back ground. depending on the age of the game it may not like to be tabbed out.
make sure the mb bios is updated to rule out a bios bug. make sure the mb chipset and other drivers are up to date.
see if your anti virus has a gaming mode. may be it causing the error. if your running windows 10 make sure you have the newest direct x installed. make sure your gpu supports newer direct x 11/12. use msconfig turn off stuff you dont need running in the back ground. depending on the age of the game it may not like to be tabbed out.

Solution
G

-GTX 950 supports dx12
- space engineers is early access

Thanks for your help, I'll try the rest.

G

ASRock's website said not to update my bios unless my system wasn't running normally, plus I am new to this bios updating thing and don't know what I am doing or what I am looking for. Could you help me with this?

download the bios file for your mb. unzip it to a usb stick and plug the usb stick in. reboot into the bios and under the utlity tab or on the main screen is tab to go to the mb bios updater. when you run it point to the usb stick. the bios updater will read the bios file and then update the bios and reboot.