Question One GPU fan always at full speed, the other works fine

Jan 17, 2021
Hi, so I recently got a weird issue with my GPU lately and was wondering if anyone could help me. Specs of my computer:

Case: Corsair 275R Airflow with 5 fans
Mobo: AsRock B550 Phantom gaming A/C
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Black Edition RGB
GPU: Gigabyte Eagle RTX 3060 Ti
RAM: 2 sticks of 8GB DDR4 2400mz
PSU: Gigabyte P650B 80 Plus Bronze 650w
Storage : 1x WD Blue SN550 NVMe m.2 1tb, 1x Kingston SSD 120gb, 2x WD Blue HDD 1tb

So I build my computer at around August 2020, but at that time I had a GTX 970 as my GPU, a Corsair TX650 80 Plus Bronze 650w as my PSU and no NVMe, and everything was working fine. Now, at around mid december, I changed my PSU and GPU for the ones listed above, and everything was again working fine.

But 4 days ago I installed my new WD Blue SN550 NVMe m.2 1tb in my computer. The slot for the NVMe is under the GPU (which is in the PCIe 4 slot), so I had to remove the GPU to put the NVMe. Since I did that, my GPU fans have been acting weird (there are 2 fans). Normally, the fans of my GPU will not spin at all at idle (28 - 30°C), would start spinning at around 45°C when I start gaming, and stop spinning when I close my game and the temp goes down. But now, the left fan start spinning at full speed and make a loud noise 30 minutes after I start my computer if i'm not gaming, or it immediately start spinning at full speed if I launch a game. And it always stay at full speed even if i'm doing nothing or i close my game. The right fan is acting normally like before. What is weirder, is that the different softwares like MSI AB, HWinfo or Aorus Engine show that the left fan is at 0 rpm when I'm not gaming (even so it is spinning at full speed), and when the right fan start spinning when the temp goes up to 45°C, it shows that both fans are at the same rpm.

What I did so far:

-Check my temps and everything is fine
-Update BIOS
-Change the fan speed with MSI AB and Aorus Engine
-Delete and reinstall GPU drivers
-Reinstall Windows
-Physically remove the GPU and reseat it in the PCIe 4 slot
-Use a different PSU connector on the GPU
-Remove the GPU and put it in the PCIe 3 slot instead of the 4
-Reseat the m.2 drive
-Completely remove the m.2 drive and boot on my Kingston SSD
-If the fan is spinning and I completely remove the Nvidia drivers, the fan stop spinning and seems to remain stopped even after 30 minutes
-If the fan is spinning and I reinstall the latest Nvidia driver, the fan stop spinning, but start automatically after 30 minutes

None of theses solutions worked, any ideas? Thank you in advance !

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS