Question One GPU fan running at full speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 9, 2019
I have a Sapphire RX 580 4gb gpu with two built in fans. When I boot my PC only one of the fans spins, at full speed. The other one doesn't move. This means the gpu is very loud and distracting, any fixes?

Lutfij

Titan
Have you tried and taken note of the second fan, if it's rotating slightly but isn't able to move(due to dust/debris or even a hair follicle)? You could breadboard the system to get a better view of the GPU.

On second thoughts, please list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Jun 9, 2019
Thanks for the reply.

The fan isn't even trying to move

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2400g
Motherboard: Asrock B450m
Ram: Corsair Vengace 16gb 3000Mhz
SSD/HDD: Western Digital 500gb m.2 nvme ssd and Western Digital 1TB HDD
GPU: Sapphire RX580 4gb
PSU: Corsair 650w (Don't really know the whole name)
Chassis: Phanteks p300

Sounds like either the fan went bad or a connector came lose in the card. If its still under warranty send it in, if its not you could pay to get it repaired (although the cost may not be worth it) or if your comfortable open the card up and see if you can find a lose connector or take a multi-meter to the fan.

Both fans should spin up for a second at the start up, and if one fan is on full while the other isn't moving it definitely sounds like a hardware issue.

Jun 9, 2019
Sounds like either the fan went bad or a connector came lose in the card. If its still under warranty send it in, if its not you could pay to get it repaired (although the cost may not be worth it) or if your comfortable open the card up and see if you can find a lose connector or take a multi-meter to the fan.

Both fans should spin up for a second at the start up, and if one fan is on full while the other isn't moving it definitely sounds like a hardware issue.

The thing is after a while of playing a game like Rainbow Six Siege, the GPU's fans both turn on at normal speed so I don't think it's hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.