ONE ISP , 2 Connection, 1 modem each, 1 WAN router

vamary

Honorable
May 26, 2013
I need help how to combine my 2 Internet connections in the same ISP, I only have 1 router with single WAN port.

You likely will not be able to do what you want. First you need a different router that will allow you to attach to each modem. Mostly these are called dual wan routers. Now you get into the issue you can't solve without the ISP help. You cannot "combine" them to make a single session larger. You can use them as primary and backup or you can manually define which user connection uses which ISP. Some router have the ability to load balance the users to a point.

The only way to actually combine the connection is to work with your ISP. It needs to be combined using similar technology on each end. Normally people asking this question want to use different ISP and that is close to impossible.

vamary

Honorable
May 26, 2013

What i meant is: My first connection and 2nd connection belong to the same ISP. What I need to get is have both connections run at the same time to increase my speed.

vamary

Honorable
May 26, 2013

this is clear to me. Will it be possible to use 2 routers but 1 switch and then I'd assign which PC uses which connection?

Yes that method will work. You need to assign a different gateway on each but in the same subnet. You would let one router run with DHCP and turn it off on the other. On the one not running dhcp you would have to assign the PC ip manually to use that routers gateway. You would of course need to exclude the ips uses on these pc from the first router DHCP list so it does not give out duplicates.

If you are very ambitious you can use the ROUTE command in the pc to allow each pc to use the different ISP for different sites. This is a manual load balancing get tricky if you need to do advanced sites...things like achemi change the IP