[SOLVED] One laptop cant connect to wifi while others devices can - tried every solution online

Feb 11, 2020
Hello
so im having this really upsetting problem with my laptop
almost every morning or whenever im leaving him for few hours, there is no wifi connection when im coming back
it also wont connect to the wifi even when i try to "forger" the net and then re connect
i tried updating windows, change my dns, restart router and reformat it, update my wireless network drivers - and it keeps coming back
i dont know if the problem with my router, but while my laptop wont connect to my network it does connect to an hotspot from my phone, but on the other hand every other device in my home work just fine with the router and can connect to the wifi no problem
i will love to hear anything u have to say about this case because i have no idea what else to try or even to understand where the problem at.

gmagdna

Prominent
Jul 16, 2018
I just dealt with and resolved this exact same issue on a PC. What worked for me was to:

1. Download the driver pack for the wifi adapter
  2. Uninstall driver for wifi adapter
  3. Remove wifi adapter
  4. Restart PC
  5. Execute driver pack from an elevated prompt (Right click driver file and choose Run as Admin)
  6. Wait for it to install

In my case the issues had been going on for months. If it would connect to wifi then it wouldnt for long or speed was horrible. After the steps above it's been connected continuously for 3 weeks

Feb 12, 2020
I just dealt with and resolved this exact same issue on a PC. What worked for me was to:

3. Remove wifi adapter
  4. Restart PC
  5. Execute driver pack from an elevated prompt (Right click driver file and choose Run as Admin)
In my case the issues had been going on for months. If it would connect to wifi then it wouldnt for long or speed was horrible. After the steps above it's been connected continuously for 3 weeks
I've tried that with my PCIe wifi adapter and it didn't fix it.

Feb 11, 2020

3. Remove wifi adapter
  4. Restart PC
Thank u for the help but it didnt fix it for me