Question "One Level Up": Use 32x32 Image

Dec 10, 2020
Hello,

Is it possible to change the "One Level Up" (in File Explorer, next to the Back/Forward buttons) 16x16 image to a 32x32 one?

Thank you.

Dec 10, 2020
A 32x32 image would be more convenient.
Icons 16817 and 16818 in Windows\SystemResources\shell32.dll.mun contain various sizes. I don't know how to apply 32x32.

Latest Win 10.

Thank you.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
I suspect that is somewhere in here:

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\CommandStore\shell

Can't say I know the official name. Might be UP, Back, Previous Folder etc, but I didn't find anything like that.

Just update the entry for Icon with shell32.dll, 16818. Make sure to backup the previous entry in case you make an error. (Or spin up a VM to try this out in)

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Yeah, something that might be fun to experiment with. Back in the XP days I was always fascinated with building desktop replacements in flash.

I still want someone to make a hybrid e-ink display. Transparent LCD for the mouse pointer and minimal effects, highlights and things. E-ink for the main body and a completely black and white windows experience, akin to more old style GUI OS, static windows that can't be dragged, but with docking and other useful features.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS