Question One long beep and three short beeps but PC boots normally ?

Sep 2, 2022
I bought New gpu gtx 1060 3gb and when my pc is turning on sometime i hear one long beep and 3 short and the pc boot normaly (almost when i turn pc and monitor at thé same time i hear that if i start thé monitor first i hear one beep norml) why is doing this (my motherboard is asus h410)

Yeaah but after the beep boot normally even if the beep start
Yes, you have a cable running from the gpu to a monitor, when pc and monitor are started at same time the computer detects a connection but no signal, so it beeps. The beep does not do anything it is just a warning message. By the time your boot process finishes the monitor is on and everything runs as it should.

Sep 2, 2022
I wonder if its power related. Like it can boot/run but but not optimal performance. Might get more info from the vga company or Asus as you didn't name the gpu manufacturer.
ihave gygabyte gtx 1060 3gb and asus h410 can you make research for me i have no idea how sto start or give me some idea

Sep 2, 2022
Yes, you have a cable running from the gpu to a monitor, when pc and monitor are started at same time the computer detects a connection but no signal, so it beeps. The beep does not do anything it is just a warning message. By the time your boot process finishes the monitor is on and everything runs as it should.
hi thank you for helping But should I be worried or not ?

zipspyder

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2014
Last edited:
Sep 2, 2022
Sure, here you go...just as I thought. Scroll down, sounds like power supply. Might need a better one. If not the graphics card might be faulty.

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1029959/

Not same card but same beeps....might help.

https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/1-long-beep-and-3-short-beeps-with-new-rtx3060.3678410/
My power supply is 450w and i think its enough for build i3 10100f and gtx 1060
But if i left monitor off or i turned it on before the pc start thé beep Disappears

TRENDING THREADS