Question One Long Beep Two Short Beeps - PC won't boot - Black Screen - Replaced RAM still nothing...

May 13, 2021
I have a custom built system. Motherboard is an MSI MPG x570 Gaming Plus. My CPU is AMD Ryzen 3600 6-core. Video Card is Power Color Radeon RX 5700. I have Ripjaws 32 GB of DDR4 3600 RAM. Running Windows 10.

I built it a year ago and have had no problems.

A few days ago I was playing Civ VI and in the middle of it the screen went black and I got one long beep and two short beeps. I tried to reboot and for the past few days all I get are the one long beep and two short beeps and a black screen. It will not boot and go to my login screen. Everything from the lights and fans come on. I read that it could be RAM so I swapped that out but still got the beeps. I've literally unplugged everything. Reset the GPU, the CPU, and have messed around with it non-stop. The only thing I haven't done is replace the video card because I don't have one.

Anyone have any ideas?? I'm about to throw this thing out the window.

Thanks!

Ralston18

Titan
May 13, 2021
The PSU is 650 watts, 1 year old, yes, heavy gaming use.
Not sure what the BIOS is, just basic MSI bios, I didn't really change the settings.
The motherboard supports integrated graphics but apparently my CPU does not.
I just heard from a computer repair shop so I'm going to run over there and see if they can swap out my GPU and see if it boots.

I'm concerned that the memory slots of my motherboard are what's dead because seems like with all the things I've read it might not be the RAM or the GPU.

Fingers crossed! Then again I'd rather have it be my mobo as my GPU costs like $800. Ugh.