Question One Monitor (out of 2) will not completely go to sleep

Rainzord

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2014
Hello all!

I have 2 monitors, one is Asus ROG 279Q, and the second one is Optix MAG274QRF-QD. Both are IPS monitors with 165Hz.

I'm running windows 11, but the problem I have was also relevant when I had windows 10 (I bought a new PC recently and upgraded to Win11).

So the problem is this - when I don't touch my PC for 20 minutes, my displays are set to sleep. However, only one display (usually the Asus one) goes completely to sleep (like, turns off completely without any light), while the MAG goes into "half sleep" (not sure how to call it otherwise), where the screen is shut down, with low light emitting from it, and it doesn't completely black out like the Asus ROG does.

It bothers me, because if I come back after several hours, the MAG screen is emitting heat as its LED is still a bit on (its like greyish black) and I would rather it to completely shut off.

I have no idea how to fix this and I tried looking around to no avail.

If I have only the MAG connected to my PC, it does black out completely like my ASUS. I did try different sockets of my Graphic card too, but it doesnt matter much.

Pls halp?!

D

Deleted member 2783327

Is the one that won't go to sleep connected via displayport?

I had a similar issue with a two monitor system. One connected via HDMi and the other via DP, and also when both connected via DP.

For me the answer was an active HDMI adapter which solved that and other problems (like open programs being moved around monitors). There may be a simpler solution, like simply connecting both via HDMI if your card and monitor have HDMi ports.

Rainzord

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2014
Is the one that won't go to sleep connected via displayport?

I had a similar issue with a two monitor system. One connected via HDMi and the other via DP, and also when both connected via DP.

For me the answer was an active HDMI adapter which solved that and other problems (like open programs being moved around monitors). There may be a simpler solution, like simply connecting both via HDMI if your card and monitor have HDMi ports.
Yes! Both are connected through DP.

I'm afraid I cannot use HDMI, as both screens use 165Hz refresh rate and both are 2K, so I must use display ports to benefit from those features AFAIK.
My graphic card has only 1 HDMI port as well (and 3 DPs) so it's probably not an option for me too.

ASK THE COMMUNITY