[SOLVED] One Monitor shuts the other off.

Slack3r

Commendable
Aug 26, 2020
I moved house yesterday. When I shut the computer off everything was fine.. I had two monitors working. When I set it up at the new place. Neither monitor would come on. I unplugged the LG and suddenly the MSI came on. So i reinstalled Nvidia drivers and tried again. This time when i plug in the LG it takes over and turns the MSI (Main) off. But its still on the second part of the desktop so I cant do anything because anything I open is on the monitor thats off.

MSI Optix G32 with a HDMI to Display port cord
and an LG something HDMI
plugged into a Geforce 1660 Super.

Solution
Solved the problem.. Apparently in the 5 hrs between 1 house and the other.. it decided it didnt want an HDMI to DP cord and a regular HDMI in the same vid card. So i bought a $5 DP cord and presto. No idea what changed there but its workin again so im happy

Ralston18

Titan
Power down, unplug, open the case.

Verify that all cards, cables, RAM, etc. are fully and firmly in place.

Not uncommon that a physical move causes something loose to become looser or even disconnect.

Or that unplugging and re-plugging some cable causes a weakness within the cable/plug to fail.

Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Work to determine if at least one monitor can be made functional via the applicable GPU drivers and video cables.

Slack3r

Commendable
Aug 26, 2020
I already checked and reseated. Everything is tight. I bought a brand new power supply today (after the monitor problems ) because it was time and changed all the cables to new so everything is tight. I've always built my own computers without issue. Thats why im confused.. I know what im doing (usually) lol. and Monitor to Computer cables are both new. everything is less than 3 months old except the LG and the tower... All the guts and the MSI are new.

Windows 10 64
Intel i5-9600k @ 3.70
2x 16 gig Corsair Vengance Ram
MSI 1660 Super
EVGA 850 P2 PSU
TUF Z390 Plus Gaming mobo
MSI Optix G32 curve screen @144. HDMI to DP cord.
LG 27MP35 HDMI

Slack3r

Commendable
Aug 26, 2020
Solved the problem.. Apparently in the 5 hrs between 1 house and the other.. it decided it didnt want an HDMI to DP cord and a regular HDMI in the same vid card. So i bought a $5 DP cord and presto. No idea what changed there but its workin again so im happy

Solution