One network, two separate wireless routers.

ktkev510

Reputable
Jan 16, 2016
Hi there,

I have recently moved into an apartment. I had the internet installed and everything is running fine. The only problem I have is that at the other end of the apartment (my bedroom) I cannot get signal. It's a very long apartment. I do have an access point in the room so I plugged the router from the front room into the bedroom and it worked fine.

My question is: if I buy a separate wireless router, can I simply plug it in in the bedroom and have two separate WiFi networks/locations/internet?

Cheers

Kevin

Solution
The proposed router would serve just as your current access point does and share the internet connection over one network. There isn't really such a thing as a "wifi network," rather there are networks that are accessed and potentially interconnected by radio connections (Wifi) as opposed to cable connections. It is just that the wifi connections, access points, can have different log in credentials.

Pooneil

Honorable
Apr 15, 2013
The proposed router would serve just as your current access point does and share the internet connection over one network. There isn't really such a thing as a "wifi network," rather there are networks that are accessed and potentially interconnected by radio connections (Wifi) as opposed to cable connections. It is just that the wifi connections, access points, can have different log in credentials.

Solution