Question One NIC has fast Upload, the other has fast Download

benetard

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2014
I have 5Gbps internet coming in thru 10Gbps Unifi router and switches.

I just bought a TP Link TX401 for my PC. The download speed on Speedtest is over 3Gbps which is fine but my upload speed is only 200Mbps. I've tried changing all the adapter settings in Device Manager based on a guide I found but it made no difference.

Weird this is if I take the exact same cable and plug it into the Mobo's 2.5Gbps port I get 500Mbps Download and 2.5Gbps upload.

It would be great if I could get one adapter to do both upload and download at the full speed.

I have another PC with 10Gbps that does almost the full 5/5 on speedtest so there is nothing wrong with the network.

kanewolf

Titan
I have 5Gbps internet coming in thru 10Gbps Unifi router and switches.

I just bought a TP Link TX401 for my PC. The download speed on Speedtest is over 3Gbps which is fine but my upload speed is only 200Mbps. I've tried changing all the adapter settings in Device Manager based on a guide I found but it made no difference.

Weird this is if I take the exact same cable and plug it into the Mobo's 2.5Gbps port I get 500Mbps Download and 2.5Gbps upload.

It would be great if I could get one adapter to do both upload and download at the full speed.

I have another PC with 10Gbps that does almost the full 5/5 on speedtest so there is nothing wrong with the network.
Then it is software settings. Windows really was not designed for multi-gigabit LAN speeds. You could try TCP Optimizer -- https://www.speedguide.net/downloads.php
Buffers and other TCP parameters for multi-gigabit are different.