[SOLVED] One of my dimm slots broken

ItsFriday

Prominent
Jul 17, 2020
so one of my dimm slots broke as i accidentally have broken the plastic part that holds it in ive tested both my ram and they still work fine it’s just the dimm slot. I was wondering if there is a way i can configure my dimm slots and swap them around so i can continue to use dual channel and not just my single stick. I have the asu’s prime b450-m a motherboard and 2x8 GB RAM

Solution
Well then....you may need a new motherboard...or possibly you could try another set of two sticks....but being those two sticks you have worked before...I'm tending to doubt different memory will work. If you haven't tried to use the broken slot....I would try it....I don't see anything to lose.
Well then....you may need a new motherboard...or possibly you could try another set of two sticks....but being those two sticks you have worked before...I'm tending to doubt different memory will work. If you haven't tried to use the broken slot....I would try it....I don't see anything to lose.

Solution

ItsFriday

Prominent
Jul 17, 2020
yea i have tried, even using compressed air because i thought maybe there was dust that’s not allowing the stick to work. i will try to do it again and hope for the best