One of My Monitors Appears to Be Running at 30FPS Help Please.

Robertwhyte

Reputable
May 6, 2014
So i just got a 2nd monitor today, the BenQGL2460HM, the exact same model as my other monitor. I had a bit of trouble getting the desktop the way i want it, but now another frustrating thing is happening. My older monitor is connected via HDMi and the new one is connected via DVI, the new one just seems sluggish, by that i mean when scrolling down a website like Netflix it appears to be scrolling at about 20FPS, and when i move the window over to the other monitor(The one with the HDMI) its a silky smooth 60, the same happens with video and other websites like facebook, google images etc Im pretty sure my rig is more than capable of running two monitors at 60fps. Is it the DVI? is there a setting that i am missing?

Also i should point out that in the nvidia control panel both monitors are set to 1920x1080 @60FPS so i dont understand what is going on.

Robertwhyte

Reputable
May 6, 2014

The EVGA SC 970 has 1 DVI-I, 1 DVI-D. 1 HDMI and 1 Display Port... I bought a DVI-D cable to go with the monitor since i only have 1 HDMI to work with. can you use a DVI-D cable in a DVI-I port?

Brillis Wuce

Distinguished
Do you have the latest driver for your 970?

I'm honestly running out of ideas. I have 3 monitors (2 with DVI, 1 with DP), and they're all identical.

Have you tried switching? Hook up your HDMI to the new monitor, and see if it your old monitor behaves the same way with a DVI. Could be the monitor itself?

Robertwhyte

Reputable
May 6, 2014
im always up to date with my drivers, but now a new problem has emerged, im starting to get video artifacts on the new monitor, videos are getting this weird frame skipping, whilst the video on the other screen is completely fine, now i know somethings wrong.

Brillis Wuce

Distinguished
Things I can think of...

1. Reseat your GPU and clean area
2. Verify your 6+2 pins are secure on your video card
3. Swap the video cables
4. Run a stress test (Furmark)
5. Visually inspect the pins on your DVI cable for bends or irregularities