[SOLVED] One of my RAM sticks is not giving rgb but the other one is ?

May 18, 2022
One of my corsairs is not showing rgb and the other is (DRR5 6000mhz) the system manages to detect the two sticks giving 32GB RAM but I don't understand why to start doing that, my ICUE is buggy only the ram appears to configure rgb rarely I believe this started to do after installing the latest chipser driver from amd it may not be but it's weird

Attention I don't have asus aura installed despite having an asus motherboard I only have the programs from lian li and strom from zotac so I don't believe it's a conflict I think

My build:

Asus Rog Crossair Hero X670E

Ryzen 7900x

Graphics Card: RTX 3090

RAM- Corsair Vengeance DRR5 6000Mhz

Font -Corsair RM 1000W Full Modular Gold

Thank you if you can help me

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
I often find my sticks don't match, Icue not the greatest when it comes to ram rgb.

I assume its not stuck in a hardware profile? have you set hardware/software profiles?
hardware is what they look like outside windows
software is what they look like once icue starts.

sometimes I have to select the hw one and then swap to software in the program, if it starts with 1 stick mismatched.
I should think to reset my kb colors as it doesn't seem to like them at startup now...

check the updates page in options (in Icue) and see you have latest firmware

have you tried uninstalling Icue and putting it back on again?

Last edited:
Reactions: Lucas Rosa
May 18, 2022
Hello, I saw today on the corsair forum that there were rams with problems that were being recalled but the serial number was not there, so, but I read in the article that there was a bug between thunderbold in new amd systems (x670e and ryzen 7000) and icue, i deactivated thunderbolt and now the ram stick appears in icue but when i turn it on and off the computer only turns on one ram the other only lights up when starting the program, if you turn off the program completely the ram goes off if i did too this test..

there it's the link where i read about drr5 recall and erros with amd new series Corsair Forum with article

Another problem I have is that my rams since I mounted almost 2 months ago I have never been able to update the firmware it always gives an error

I'm going to leave a picture here of how it looks when I turn on the computer, I want to make it clear that it never happened until yesterday when I detected the problem

Photo of ram one show rgb white and the other without notight on start computer: RAM DRR5 with error

May 18, 2022
"check if your ram is covered as it sounds like its buggy" what mean its this? covered by what? Warranty?

Mine is not mentioned in that table but I saw several people who had problems with their rams and received RMA and they were not listed in the table

May 18, 2022
Thanks for the help, I will try to follow the steps to try to solve the firmware problem if none of the solutions presented by the corsair work I will contact the reseller, here in Portugal it works by the reseller

I have already checked the table and the serial number of my rams are not found but the date I bought it was very close to the dates that defective rams came out.
I bought mine on September 28th of this year