One of my two NVidia GTX 1080 ti’s doesn’t work?

Oct 17, 2018
I just built this new system and can’t figure it out. I installed 2 GTX 1080ti’s (2 hdmi and 1 display port are plugged in to one, and 1 hdmi to the other card). The card with the 1 hdmi cable connected to it puts out an output and I can use that monitor, but the other 3 don’t do anything. Blank screen and says “hdmi no signal and no signal check your connection”. I am not sure what to do, I have tried installing the drivers, and halfway through installation one of the other monitors worked for about a minute, then when the installation was done it stopped working. Any help will be appreciated.

The specs are
1000 watt power supply
2 gtx 1080ti’s
I7 8700k
Rog Maximus x wifi-ac motherboard
64gb ram

The monitors
2 BenQ
And 1 LG

Solution
If you are trying to use sli, all the outputs should be attached to the primary card.

If you intend to use two discrete graphics cards for some unlikely reason, attaching to separate cards should work.

sli is possibly the default if two cards are present and no selection is made.
You should only need to run the video cables from the top card. Have you enabled SLI? Did you download the drivers. You will need to go back and download the drivers after adding the second card. Then go into Nvidia control panel and enable SLI. Then hook all of your video cables to the top card.

If you are trying to use sli, all the outputs should be attached to the primary card.

If you intend to use two discrete graphics cards for some unlikely reason, attaching to separate cards should work.

sli is possibly the default if two cards are present and no selection is made.

Solution