Question One of my USB ports stopped working

Dec 14, 2021
Hello. I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this so feel free to move it somewhere else if needed.
My case has 2 USB ports from the front. Both of them were working fine until I installed a GPU, now one of them is not working.
I had an issue with one of my GPUs so lately I was removing-installing GPUs many times, but I was careful not to damage anything. I have no idea why suddenly one of the ports stopped working.
Maybe worth to mention - When I plug in my headphones there, I hear a sudden voice but my PC won't detect it. Or when I plug in my XBOX Joystick I feel a vibration at first but it's not connecting him.

Do you have an idea what is going on with this port and how to fix it? Thank you

Lutfij

Titan
Make and model of said chassis? In fact you should include the specs to your entire build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Include the age of the PSU and the BIOS version for your motherboard. If the issue cropped up with the addition of a discrete GPU, might want to see if the issue is alleviated when the discrete GPU is removed. Might want to see if reinstalling your chipset drivers changes your experience. Rear ports behave the same way?

Dec 14, 2021
I tried to remove the GPU it's still not working. I think my drivers are up to date and anyway my other USB port (right next to the damaged one) is still working fine. The port from the back is working fine too. It's really weird why it suddenly stopped working after such a long time and when I started messing with the GPU.. My only guess is that I physically damaged it somehow when I inserted or removed my headphones from there but that's a wild guess because I did such thing many times and everything was fine. Anyway since I still have a working USB port I'm not so concerned about it and don't want to make a big deal out of it unless there are some simple possible solutions to try. Thanks.

TRENDING THREADS