[SOLVED] One of my worst days working on a laptop

Rui Neves

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2014
Today was working on a laptop that the case was completly destroyed , the job was to transfer that laptop motherboard,ram and HDD to another laptop that was the same model but with a motherboard issue . All went well exept one thing , the mouse connector have broken .... The plastic thing that holds the cable in place came toghether with the flat cable , and I used no force , only happen on the laptop that had the case destroyed . Conlusion I have a working computer with a broken touchpad because I made a mistake ...
This makes me sad all the time . Even more when is not the first time even if I always do things the same way . I feel that I am not capable sometimes , Even if I never studied for this IT area in a high school or similar , all I know is by doing things and reading .
I am not good at soldering or desoldering things so this I cant fix my self :( , if I have the knowlage to that I could have done that since the used laptop that I bought have the connectors in good shape .

I would like to read some stories that could cheer me up .

Thanks for the people that have read this text .
And sorry for being long and maybe some parts not well written .

Solution
D
As for schooling its a joke I went to MIT didn't learn any of this type of stuff :unsure:. Hands on is how you learn sometime things wont go your way just keep trucking!
D

Deleted member 362816

If just the little white clamp broke just hot glue in it. make sure connector is in and apply hot glue to the top. Been there done that it happens.

Reactions: Rui Neves
D

Deleted member 362816

As for schooling its a joke I went to MIT didn't learn any of this type of stuff :unsure:. Hands on is how you learn sometime things wont go your way just keep trucking!

Solution

Rui Neves

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2014
If just the little white clamp broke just hot glue in it. make sure connector is in and apply hot glue to the top. Been there done that it happens.

Is the type of connector that have two tabs that goes back and foward to close or open the conector , the tabs came off only was left the "base" that is soldered to the motherboard. Like this connectors:
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mrpK9Ju

Honestly I will leave it to a professional to replace it with the other good connector on the other board , seems a more permanent solution .

Thanks for taking your time answering this. Its really sad when this happens ...

D

Deleted member 362816

Oh dang, Yeah I see what you mean now. Yeah might want to give it to a repair shop that does it on a daily basis for this. I haven't had a issue like that before but I have broken many of the white flaps on older laptops over the years, but that is a simple fix with glue.

Rui Neves

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2014
L
Well I believe in that , but that sucks , why schools dont have at least broken parts to try stuff like this ?

I will never give up , but somedays are harder than anothers , even more if you only accept the best like me .

Rui Neves

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2014
Oh dang, Yeah I see what you mean now. Yeah might want to give it to a repair shop that does it on a daily basis for this. I haven't had a issue like that before but I have broken many of the white flaps on older laptops over the years, but that is a simple fix with glue.
Are you talking about the connnector that have a tab that goes up or down ? If you are that ones are even worse I think. I wish laptops had "lego" connections like mobile phones ...