[SOLVED] One of the fans not spinning on Zotac GTX 1070 mini

99StefanRO

Honorable
Oct 25, 2016
It has 2 fans and one of them just decided to not work. What could be the problem? I don't have any other details about it..

Should I give it a good cleaning ? What can I do to make the fan work again? Any ideas?

Solution
Im not sure if they make an water cooler for the mini cards.

As far as fixing them you can buy replacement fans (hopefully it is just a bad fan) online pretty cheap and there are lots of videos showing how to take cards apart. You could also replace the thermal paste and pads while you have it apart.
Does the fan spin when the card is under load and thermals increase? Alot of cards have fans that don't spin, spin slowly or only have 1 spin unless otherwise needed to maintain quieter operation.

If the fan doesn't spin once it starts getting hot then I would reach out to the manufacturer for warranty repair(if possible).

99StefanRO

Honorable
Oct 25, 2016
The fan never spins. Warranty is gone. If it is not fixable, is it worth going for a cheap AIO or some adapter for an aftermarket CPU cooler (I've seen some videos about it)?

Im not sure if they make an water cooler for the mini cards.

As far as fixing them you can buy replacement fans (hopefully it is just a bad fan) online pretty cheap and there are lots of videos showing how to take cards apart. You could also replace the thermal paste and pads while you have it apart.

Solution