Question One of the land pads of 9900K is half-broken

Jan 2, 2022
I unknowingly put the processor on the my mobo (MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon AC) socket with bent pins.
One of the pins got stuck on my processor’s land pad due to pressure.
After noticing, I actually removed the pin from the land pads but the gold plate was also unfortunately chipped off (not fully, but half).

Then I put the processor on other working motherboard (ASUS Strix Z390 E Gaming) of same specifications, but it’s not detected by the mobo. The CPU debug light on this motherboard glows red.

I also suspect that the processor might have undergone short circuit or internal damage when powered on.

I don’t know what to do.

Any suggestions would be helpful

D4562BC1-067E-42BB-9941-C5AA0284C38D.jpeg.239da99f4d423d058e1448525450bae2.jpeg

Jan 2, 2022
I thought you already did.

"Then I put the processor on other working motherboard (ASUS Strix Z390 E Gaming) of same specifications, but it’s not detected by the mobo. The CPU debug light on this motherboard glows red. "
Yeah I already did that. Also need to check with other motherboards with supported BIOS.

MEMOFLEX

Distinguished
The Pad that is damaged appears to relate to a VCC pin which on its own potentially would not be too bad.. however.. if put into a z390 board that was produced for 9th Gen CPU's and it still doesn't work, then I doubt a BIOS update will make a difference.

If it was an earlier Z370 BIOS then maybe that would keep the hope going but I feel that you may be out of luck.