one of the usb port not detecting a pen drive.

Uvaise

Honorable
Sep 27, 2013
I have 2 San Disk 4 GB pen drives(pendrive1,pendrive2).My computer have 3 usb ports(port1,port2,port3).My problem is that,one of my pen drive(pendrive1) is not even detected in the port1 and port2,but its working in port3. Other pen drive(pendive2) is working in all the three port.i am running windows Xp pack 3.I have tried to re install USB Hubs ,safe mode etc. nothing works.I don't know what is blocking that pen drive.Please help me

Solution
open device manager and watch it while you insert the problem pen drive into one of the non-working slots. If it shows up there: rt click on it and delete it.
Remove the pen drive and after a minute re-insert it. It should get redetected and a new driver should load for it. If that works, repeat for the other usb port

popatim

Titan
open device manager and watch it while you insert the problem pen drive into one of the non-working slots. If it shows up there: rt click on it and delete it.
Remove the pen drive and after a minute re-insert it. It should get redetected and a new driver should load for it. If that works, repeat for the other usb port

Solution

Uvaise

Honorable
Sep 27, 2013

I have done what you said.When i connected my pen drive ,device manager shows a 'unknown device' in the USB controller list.Then i uninstalled that unknown device and removed my pen drive.And after a minute I re-inserted it .but it again shows that unknown device.So i again done the same step and restarted the PC.AND IT WORKED LIKE A CHARM.Thanks.:).:).:).:)