One of two partitions disappeared after plugging disk to new pc

FejKer

Prominent
May 9, 2017
I got new pc but I still have my old disks (one SSD and two HDDs). I have encountered this issue once few weeks ago but some free partition tools helped me to recover my partitions but after 2nd restart it became buggy (disappearing, system reserved appeared and so on)

Today I plugged this HDD to new pc. It is Seagate Barracuda 2TB. It has always been split into two partitions. The second one disappeared again. I gave one more chance to these partitions makers, performed a full scan and I found my lost partition but in 15GB parts with EXT2 filesystem.

So there's a question. What exactly can I do now? These parts are 7 GB used out of 15, so there is some data.

FejKer

Prominent
May 9, 2017

No, I didn't. Yesterday I downloaded another MiniTool Recovery app (which was supposed to look deeper than the normal one) and the thing is:

Result of scan showed me my two partitions AND some small 45gb. The funny thing is this 45gb partition contains all of my files from the missing one. However, when I enter disk manager I can see not aligned 45gb. I could try to align it and see if it goes back to normal, but I'm afraid I mess it up. I hope you understand what I wrote, if not I can try again.

Well, EXT2/3/4 is file system associated with Linux and windows con't read or write it without translator so only Linux or some Linux utility could have made it. I suggest you use some live Linux distro on a bootable USB and retrieve files from it. This can help download and install a Linux distro on a USB stick. https://www.pendrivelinux.com/linux-live-usb-creator/

FejKer

Prominent
May 9, 2017

I'll do it tommorow and let you know asap

FejKer

Prominent
May 9, 2017

Just booted to linux. Nothing changed, still got one partition visible.

I think there is something to do with fact there is 45GB unallocated space which contains all of my data, but I don't know what to do