Question One or more of my fans keep ramping up and down and I don't know which ones ?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Kvahuest01

Commendable
Aug 20, 2020
Ive tried to fix this for a while by my self but i havent found much out on why its doing it, ive looked at HWinfo when they rise up and cant see what one is doing it, ive set custom fan curves in the BIOS, tried my hardest to make sure they were not aggressive.
made sure all the fans are plugged in correctly.

CPU - 8600k
Mobo - Asrock Z370 Extreame4
CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i V2
GPU - 2080 Windforce
Chassis Fans - 3x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 3

is there a chance the software for the AIO and the BIOS could be overwriting each other? ive seen a post mentioning that.

Kvahuest01

Commendable
Aug 20, 2020
Ya from what I could see in your pic it would be tough.

If you put a fan in like what you have you shouldn't need but maybe 1000-1100 rpm
Even set across all temps.
You wouldn't want it so high as it mite take away from the corsair.

Thankfully some parts are still inexpensive.
and the issue is back, updated my drivers and now its back..... what do i do now???

Kvahuest01

Commendable
Aug 20, 2020
Personally the very next I would try would be adding a rear exhaust fan.
If your case can put in a 140mm.
Use a fan splitter on 2 of the front fans on 1 header if you must, so the that exhaust fan would be on a header where you can set a curve.
i do have room for a 140mm i think i will have to check what can be on the rear.

Kvahuest01

Commendable
Aug 20, 2020
Personally the very next I would try would be adding a rear exhaust fan.
If your case can put in a 140mm.
Use a fan splitter on 2 of the front fans on 1 header if you must, so the that exhaust fan would be on a header where you can set a curve.
from what i searched it seems only a 120mm can fit, can you think of anything else i could try before i buy a rear fan?

Cool
Wouldn't be the 1st time Nvidia messed something up with all their driver updates.

Ya it's messed up still for awhile yet.

If you have a computer shop around you,
it may be better to have it repasted 1st.
See how much they would do it for or
Research doing it yourself.

Don't give up Yet!!!!!!! give a fan a try.
Start with it Set say 1000rpm and retest.

Looking on my weather app on my phone your weather is about 5c +/- higher then before you undervolted it.

Kvahuest01

Commendable
Aug 20, 2020
Cool
Wouldn't be the 1st time Nvidia messed something up with all their driver updates.

Ya it's messed up still for awhile yet.

If you have a computer shop around you,
it may be better to have it repasted 1st.
See how much they would do it for or
Research doing it yourself.

Don't give up Yet!!!!!!! give a fan a try.
Start with it Set say 1000rpm and retest.

Looking on my weather app on my phone your weather is about 5c +/- higher then before you undervolted it.
it seems to be certain drivers that cause it, moved to the latest one since a game required it and then my fans went mad again, going to repaste my gpu this week to see if that fixes it, the card is from 2018 and never been repasted so.

TRENDING THREADS