One PC doesn't connect to internet via new router

legions91

Reputable
Jul 8, 2014
Hello.
I've decided to switch my basic ol' tp-link router for something better, so I bought TOTOLINK A3002RU. Configuration went fairly smooth, wi-fi connected immediatly, however there are 3 pc's connected via cable to the router.
First one was working perfectly fine since the beginning.
Second, I had to use a new RJ45 cable, otherwise neither PC, nor router would see each other. It's kinda weird, because tp-link recognizes that pc on the old ethernet cable just fine.
Third one simply doesn't connect to the server. Again, works fine on the old router.
What seems to be a problem? Faulty router? Configuration? Dated ethernet cables?

legions91

Reputable
Jul 8, 2014
I know that's not what you asked for, but I've decided to go on and buy a RJ45 Cable Tester as most cables are homemade by my father.
Lights light up in that order:
1-1
2-2
3-5
4-4
5-3
6-6
7-7
8-8
So, crossover cables should go 36145278, right? Could it be that the cables are the problem here? If yes, then why does my old router have no problems with either of those cables?

legions91

Reputable
Jul 8, 2014
I know, I checked which should be which, but that's not the question. My question is, how are they working when they are clearly wired wrong and why are they working perfectly fine with the old router and the new one won't recognize any of them?