[SOLVED] One problem after another. Plz help!

Jan 29, 2019
This is my second custom build. Went all out, balls to the wall. Inspired by JaysTwoCent's Red Mist.

Creamsicle System Specs:
Case: CaseLabs Magnum SMA8
Mobo: Gigabyte G1 Gaming X99-Phoenix SLI
CPU: Intel i7-6900k LGA2011-3
GPU: NVIDIA EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080ti SLI
RAM: 256GB of Corsair Vengeance RGB
STORAGE: Western Digital 512GB M.2 & 6TB HDD
PSU: EVGA Supernova 1600 T2 (80 plus Titanium)
CD ROM: LG M-Disc Blu-Ray
Cooling: Dual D5 pumps & Res X3 250 Reservoirs, EKWB CPU & GPU waterblocks. Two separate loops (1 for CPU & 1 for GPU's). CPU loop has 1 PrimoChill 360mm radiator. GPU loop has dual PrimoChill 480mm radiators. 12 120mm fans & a Corsair RAM fan over the southern Intel X99 chipset.

Booting/Posting problems began from the start with the original PSU (Seasonic SnowSilent 1050w 80 plus Platinum). Would freeze during boot up or post then shut off and then I would have to reboot it multiple times for it to finally get up and running. Like cold starting a big block V8. Lol So I would refrain from completely shutting it down. Ran fine for amost a year.

During that time the CPU loop was drastically weaker than GPU loop. Replaced pump due to pump failer or so I thought. Still slightly weaker, so gave it a boost in BIOS.

After a while complete boot-up failure occured. So I upgraded to the EVGA 1600w. Then the MOBO blew out (not that it's related). Replaced MOBO with the exact same thing but could only find a refurbished one. And ended up having to replace previous M.2 (1TB Samsung) that also got fried.

Now it won't turn on at all, dead in the water. Except you can hear the PSU cycling on and off and the light on the power button comes on... ????

I have checked all connections time and time again. I cleared any static by turning on the PSU while unplugged and holding the start button for 20+ secs. I have already tested the PSU standalone with bridge. I have cleared the CMOS by removing the battery for 1+mins. And I have tried to start with only 1 RAM stick.....

I don't know what else to do besides testing every single component individually which I can't really do because everything is on a waterblock which requires it to be hooked up to the system and everything is rigid tubing. Nor do I have a test bench..... Soooo any suggestions would be great. Please help.

Solution
Did you installed RAM according to the manual specifications?
It does varies depending on the number of RAM modules you are installing.

I suggest you disassemble the build and start from the beginning again.
Start by unplugging the power cord from PSU. Press the power button for 20 seconds to discharge capacitors.
Remove the CMOS battery, disconnect all power cables and all components from the motherboard.
Take the motherboard out of the case and place the CMOS battery back.
Install back the CPU, 1 RAM module on the DDR4_3_1B slot.
Place the cooler on the CPU. I usually test everything with an air cooler (like the hyper 212 evo, which I got used for $12).
Insert one GPU (Do you have one or two GPUs?) into the PCIe slot.
Connect...
Did you installed RAM according to the manual specifications?
It does varies depending on the number of RAM modules you are installing.

I suggest you disassemble the build and start from the beginning again.
Start by unplugging the power cord from PSU. Press the power button for 20 seconds to discharge capacitors.
Remove the CMOS battery, disconnect all power cables and all components from the motherboard.
Take the motherboard out of the case and place the CMOS battery back.
Install back the CPU, 1 RAM module on the DDR4_3_1B slot.
Place the cooler on the CPU. I usually test everything with an air cooler (like the hyper 212 evo, which I got used for $12).
Insert one GPU (Do you have one or two GPUs?) into the PCIe slot.
Connect 24-pin and 8-pin ATX power to motherboard.
Connect the two PCIe power connectors to the GPU.
Connect the GPU to a monitor.
Short the power pins on the motherboard to power on.
Any signs of life?

Solution
Jan 29, 2019
I reinstalled the RAM according the manual when I reset the CMOS. I did the 1 stick of RAM test but I did it in DDR4_1_1A. Why 3B? Does it matter? Tearing this monster down and building it from scratch is easier said than done. That is exactly what I'm trying to avoid. (Unless there's no other way)

Yes, it does matter...otherwise the motherboard might even refuse to boot.
When you place a single RAM module it should be placed in the DDR4_3_1B slot.
2 Modules: DDR4_3_1B & DDR4_7_1D slots
4 Modules: DDR4_1_1A, DDR4_3_1B, DDR4_7_1D & DDR4_5_1C.
and so on...

Jan 29, 2019
Ok I tried your method (jojesa) with and without both GPU'S (1 at a time). All 3 tests resulted in the PSU cycling on and off very quickly (rapid clicking). When the PSU fan got up to speed you could start see the RAM stick light up and dimly flash with the clicking. But no other lights or signs of life from the MOBO....