News One RGB App to Rule Them All? Hands On With WhirlwindFX SignalRGB Software

TheOtherOne

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2013
The very first thing I did after upgrading my system recently was to find any possible way to completely disable all these rubbish RGB crap effects. After three different apps and few tries, I succeeded! And yes, you are right. It's bloody hard (if not impossible) to find high end hardware WITHOUT this crap. :mad:

DookieDraws

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2004
You shouldn't need any software to control/customize the lighting on your peripherals. It should have onboard memory and a way to do so with the device itself. These companies just want us to install their spyware/junkware/uneccessaryware, whatever you want to call it. I have a Razer TKL keyboard, and the keyboard itself is nice to type on, but the Razer Synapse is a pain. It's always updating, and just not that user friendly. All I care about is having a static color on the keyboard for lighting. They could've added that ability to the keyboard without the need for software. I was recently looking for a 3rd-party app to control the lighting.

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
Jun 12, 2015
this one does more than an alternative I had - https://rgbsync.com/

Razer Synapse is one reason to not use Razer as far as I am concerned. It is in your face. I prefer steelseries, its software is mostly background.

only rgb I really wouldn't turn off is on my keyboard, rest is not really as useful. All my rgb has hardware memory for the lighting so the software isn't really needed.

Reactions: DookieDraws

rdmetz

Honorable
Sep 9, 2015
You guys should check out "jacknet RGB sync" to me it's been the best option out there for syncing rgb. And it certainly supports more motherboards / gpu / etc than this software seems to.

Stang99x

Honorable
Oct 22, 2016
After downloading it, as soon as I open it the program crashes my system into a hard restart. Not a good way to earn customers

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS