Question One side of headphones quieter than the other

Aug 3, 2019
My phone broke so i have to use a nokia 3600 slide phone which has a 2.5 mm headphone jack and i dont have such headphones so i bought a 3.5mm to 2.5mm fitting the phone adapter and i tried my headphones on it but they sounded pretty bad so i took them off but when i decided to use them later on my computer one side is quieter than the other and sounds bad. Could i have broken them by doing that?

Yes, possible they got damaged, but not by just using an adapter, as a side-affect. That adapter may have damaged the connection, or you may have, or damaged the cable. Make sure the plug is in all the way, and test it on another system.

Aug 3, 2019
Yes, possible they got damaged, but not by just using an adapter, as a side-affect. That adapter may have damaged the connection, or you may have, or damaged the cable. Make sure the plug is in all the way, and test it on another system.
Tried them on other phones and same thing one appears to be damaged and just sounds bad and is much quieter. Thanks for the reply tho!