One Software Limit

jbtrade

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2011
Hi guys. My question is this. I am setting up a computer where there will be many people accessing it, however, I want only ONE program running. I only want them to access the one program which I will leave running and I want them to not have access to anything else. No minimizing, no accessing to the desktop, no CTRL + ALT + Delete, Nothing!!! Is there a program that I can download/buy that lets me have that control? Thanks a bunch guys.

jbtrade

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2011
I guess this is what im looking for. I was wanting something more simple such as a program I could simply install and use some kind of hotkey's as a pass to unlock. I have no experience in making a Kiosk program. I will see what I can figure out. I need this software so I can get my business going. Thanks for you help.

Simple is not always better, especially if you are going to have a business riding on it. I spent a lot of hours on a project 10-12 years ago attempting to develop a program which would run exclusively on Windows and could be used to remotely launch other software, such as games, for a PC based multi-player game center. It is really difficult to gain exclusive access to the Windows desktop because of Windows heritage; it is MUCH easier in other operating systems such as Linux or one of the BSDs. While I only glanced at the PDF I referred you to, it seemed reasonable to me.

Anyway, feel free to contact me directly by email if you wish to discuss details you would rather not in public. Good luck!