[SOLVED] One stupid question

svorcs

Reputable
Nov 5, 2018
I cannot find nowhere else online if the Intel Dual core E6550 will be compatible with (average 150$) Pulse Radeon RX 560 on my 10 years old PC? Just approximately i think it could work. I cleaned it removed processor and also 9600GT which i am about to replace. There is only 4GB of RAM, the MSI motherboard (it was replaced many times for lame reasons) with 2 slots for RAM so i know good well i need to buy more. The PS is strong enough, around 400W, now i need an advice.

Solution
Amazing! Just as you said! Everything is working fine without no additions! But totally going to upgrade CPU and RAM. Thanks!

Don't waste money or time upgrading the system without a full motherboard swap to a newer architecture.

If you can't afford new parts you can get a full used system for maybe $100-200 with a good enough motherboard and power supply to run your new video card. Buying a CPU or RAM for your current motherboard is like buying water to fill a leaking tank instead of spending the money to fix the leak, you are putting money into the wrong place.
Amazing! Just as you said! Everything is working fine without no additions! But totally going to upgrade CPU and RAM. Thanks!

Don't waste money or time upgrading the system without a full motherboard swap to a newer architecture.

If you can't afford new parts you can get a full used system for maybe $100-200 with a good enough motherboard and power supply to run your new video card. Buying a CPU or RAM for your current motherboard is like buying water to fill a leaking tank instead of spending the money to fix the leak, you are putting money into the wrong place.

Solution