One Third of the World's Households Have Broadband Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

dishayu

Honorable
Jul 12, 2012
[citation][nom]Cats_Paw[/nom]So what? If i want to play a game with someone in Asia or USA i still get a high ping and any cool games are bearly playable at a profesional level.[/citation]
Ping is primarily dependant upon distance. You can't reduce the physical distance between places, so pings can only be lowered so much. And also keep in mind that the light doesn't travel from the host to server in a straight line. The pings are fine.

archange

Distinguished
May 7, 2007
One Third of the World's Households Have Broadband Access

Would be interesting to see what proportion of the human population have *any* internet access. I suspect that many aren't fortunate enough to have a household.

DSpider

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2009
[citation][nom]archange[/nom]Would be interesting to see what proportion of the human population have *any* internet access. I suspect that many aren't fortunate enough to have a household.[/citation]
Just go to any McDonald's or mall, and boom! Instant internet access. Wireless access, that is.

Even some public parks have them.

[citation][nom]DSpider[/nom]Just go to any McDonald's or mall, and boom! Instant internet access. Wireless access, that is.Even some public parks have them.[/citation]

Not everyone lives in first world countries.

stoogie

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2010
so basically my internet speed of 1.16mb/down 0.16mb/up is 98% worse than the world, well sorry but thats the best internet u can get at this location in TASMANIA, AUSTRALIAS INTERNET SUCKS

puddleglum

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2008
[citation][nom]stoogie[/nom]so basically my internet speed of 1.16mb/down 0.16mb/up is 98% worse than the world, well sorry but thats the best internet u can get at this location in TASMANIA, AUSTRALIAS INTERNET SUCKS[/citation]Well, you got to keep those devils from chewing through your wiring or that's gonna happen

jungleboogiemonster

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2007
72.4% of America has broadband, yet living in a metropolitan area with a population of half a million that's an hour and a half from Philadelphia and even closer to Baltimore and it's still hard to get broadband here. Yet, I can go to one of the most rural areas in the state of Pennsylvania and get DSL. What's going on here?

Status
Not open for further replies.