One ultrawide monitor(2560x1080 21:9) or three regular monitors(1920x1080 16:9)?

Tjherbert1

Reputable
Jun 15, 2014
i am looking to buy a monitor that i will mostly use for browsing the internet and playing some games. I have looked at a variety of different solutions and the two main ones that stand out are triple monitors and ultrawides(in my case i would prefer 2560x1080 21:9).

Triple monitors seem like a good choice as i can use each monitor for a different device or all for the one pc, this is good as i will also be playing games on console aswell. This brings up another pint, the "regular" size of the monitors allow for almost any modern device to fit to the screen without black lines. However, they can be very large, look clunky and odd due to bezels, and take alot of pc power to run surround gaming. I would say it is expensive, but it seems fair compared to the other option.

The ultrawide monitors are good as they give you more monitor space without introducing bezels. They also look sleeker and better IMHO, requiring less space and a small amount more pc power than a normal monitor(this may not be true it is just what i have read). However, if i want to watch something at a 16:9 ratio i am stuck with large black borders at the side and i can only use one device at a time(this may not be true for some lg monitors but i am not 100% sure on how that works).

My question to you is which is better for what i want to do? Are the bezels of a triple monitor setup that annoying and are the black bars of the ultrawides that annoying? Also if you could suggest any good normal monitors(peferably 23-24") for £100-£150 each that are good for surround setups or good ultrawides for under £300 it would be greatly appreciated. Thak you.

Solution
Both setups have advantages and disadvantages. The multiple monitors allows you to game on one and work on other projects seprately on the other ones Running one larger monitor is great if you are doing one thing at a time. I prefer a single monitor setup in my opinion because I don't often multitask while I am gaming. But if I was, I would only be running background applications that I don't need graphics for. I found the bezels of the other monitors to be annoying in a multiple monitor setup, but they do say one gets used to it. It really is just a matter of personal preference.

As far as good monitor recommendations, I do like this Dell monitor for a solid 24inch monitor...

TStahler

Distinguished
Both setups have advantages and disadvantages. The multiple monitors allows you to game on one and work on other projects seprately on the other ones Running one larger monitor is great if you are doing one thing at a time. I prefer a single monitor setup in my opinion because I don't often multitask while I am gaming. But if I was, I would only be running background applications that I don't need graphics for. I found the bezels of the other monitors to be annoying in a multiple monitor setup, but they do say one gets used to it. It really is just a matter of personal preference.

As far as good monitor recommendations, I do like this Dell monitor for a solid 24inch monitor.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=458698&SRCCODE=WEBGOOPA&utm_source=google&utm_medium=paid_search&utm_campaign=paid_search_google_pla&scid=scplp862533&gclid=CPmKxKOA08ECFWcF7AodAxkAbg&gclsrc=aw.ds

As far as a good ultrawide monitor, I recommend this one.

LG 25UM64-P D-Sub, DVI, HDMI LED 25" Monitor

Cheers!

Solution