One wifi laptop

is it possible to have only a wireless laptop in a home network. I want to
be able to move around w/the laptop(which is wireless)and not have to use it
non wireless to be
on the web connected directly to DSL modem . I know how to set up home
networking
using a wireless router and a PC pluged into that, then my wireless laptop
comunicates that way., but I just want to use a laptop and some kind of
router just pluged thru the modem. is there a way?

Prim,

Yes you can have only the wireless laptop on the wireless router as long as
you are not using ICS (Internet Connection Sharing) on the main computer
connected to the router. please describe you current setup.

V/R
Kory