OneDrive Windows 10 crashing repeatedly

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazyfool123

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2009
Hi

I'm using OneDrive on a Windows 10 Home which I upgraded from Windows 8.1 on an ASUS Q551LN. I sign on Windows using a local account.

I used OneDrive for 3 days without problems. Around 3 GB of data synced on local machine folder and the onedrive site. Yesterday I didn't need a folder (around 1 GB) and deleted it on the onedrive site. I then went to the Recycle Bin on the onedrive site and emptied it. Since that time, OneDrive is not working.

It shows 'processing changes' but crashes (I know this because when I hover the mouse where it would show progress the icon disappears because it has crashed). When I open OneDrive again using the start menu or restart machine, same process repeats: icon shows up, 'processing..' but crashes within few seconds. If I try to right-click and open something like Settings, it shows the 'OneDrive has stopped responding message'. After 50+ attempts and 10+ restarts since yesterday its not working.

Here's the error log of latest crash from Event Viewer:
Faulting application name: OneDrive.exe, version: 17.3.5907.716, time stamp: 0x55a75c82
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.10240.16384, time stamp: 0x559f3b2a
Exception code: 0x80000003
Fault offset: 0x00132bd2
Faulting process id: 0x4dc
Faulting application start time: 0x01d0dab9f1ddc7dc
Faulting application path: C:\Users\ADMIN\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneDrive\OneDrive.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: 0fb4815b-5d2d-4747-9f40-f0db08a7bca1
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

This fault means OneDrive is completely unusable now. Pls help.

Solution
maybe a network device was removed via windows plug and play while a network transport was waiting to complete.
(causes the removal to fail) I would be looking at what network drivers I had on the machine.
Particularly USB networking devices. Errors can cause the USB host to disconnect devices. (for example if you plug in a apple device and pull too much current, the host may shutdown)

or update the network drivers, if you are using a USB device you might also have to update the BIOS, CPU chipset drivers and any usb 3.0 chip drivers from your motherboard vendor.

need to make a kernel memory dump to debug these kind of problems

maybe a network device was removed via windows plug and play while a network transport was waiting to complete.
(causes the removal to fail) I would be looking at what network drivers I had on the machine.
Particularly USB networking devices. Errors can cause the USB host to disconnect devices. (for example if you plug in a apple device and pull too much current, the host may shutdown)

or update the network drivers, if you are using a USB device you might also have to update the BIOS, CPU chipset drivers and any usb 3.0 chip drivers from your motherboard vendor.

need to make a kernel memory dump to debug these kind of problems

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.