OnePlus One Gets Android 'Lollipop'-Based Cyanogen OS 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

nomnom9608

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2011
I was really hoping it would fix the touch screen not responding or behaving randomly, but alas I guess it is a hardware fault, time to look for a new phone :-/

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
As a resident of India: CM screwed up big time by associating itself with such a crappy brand as Micromax. Many of my friends here bought their phones and are now cursing under their breath: they bought into Micromax's garbage marketing (8 cores! 8 MP camera! HD screen!!1) without understanding that they're getting junk Mediatek cores, pathetic camera sensors, TFT displays with useless viewing angles... and all that manufactured with abysmal quality. Micromax isn't even an Indian brand, AFAIK it's just copies of some Chinese no-name stuff.

I told all of them to respect their hard-earned money, spend a bit more and get Motorola's Moto G/G2 or Moto E (not E2... severe downgrade compared to E1 in terms of display quality), but no... in the end, they all had to anyway. I fear CM is slowly becoming what it wanted to kill, trying to aggressively grab publicity and market share instead of doing what it was doing really well - providing a power user focused Android ROM with stock UI and additional value-adding features. Micromax is a brand that relies upon an average Indian customer's ignorance about phone hardware. Everywhere I go on Western sites, I see people immediately pointing out that they won't but a Mediatek phone and they're right, MT cores are sub-par compared to Qualcomm's and are a warning sign for buyers looking for good value for money. India, though? People just get hyper at the mention of MORE CORES. Hopefully that stupid Micromax brand just dies off when people get tired of replacing their phones that last a few months or a year at best. Other "Indian" brands (Lava, Xolo) aren't better, by the way. It's a pity that smartphone manufacturing got so simple that anybody can try it - sure, we get amazing companies like Xiaomi, Oppo and OnePlus out of it, but we get far more customer-abusing atrocities like Micromax which pretend to be something. Famous brands like Samsung, HTC and Sony need to provide more affordable smartphones similar to Moto E to squish that pathetic and dangerous "competition" which ultimately wastes people's money.

Status
Not open for further replies.