OnePlus One Revealed: A $300 Snapdragon 801 Smartphone

Status
Not open for further replies.

jclgan

Reputable
Apr 23, 2014

Having front-facing speakers would've increased the height of the phone, and it's already pretty darn tall! I don't mind the bottom-firing speakers at all; all I care about is that they can reach a reasonable loudness and sound good.

TheDane

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
Well I don't think the design is "up there". And not using a OLED screen this is not for me. Though a good thing they ditched the front speakers, I prefer earplugs anyway and front speakers (even good ones) never come even close to 'good quality sound' anyway.

alchemy69

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2008
I wonder how long they spent thinking up that name? "I know, let's call it the "One"! Brilliant, where did you get that from? I don't know it just came to me while I was making a call on my HTC"

I was actually very impressed with the phone, and surprised to see so much criticism. Personally I'd consider this phone a match for any big brand flagship, and that at half the usual cost. Kudos to 1+, wish they'd been available a few months ago and that they consider a dual sim version.

JochemTheGeek

Reputable
Apr 23, 2014
When I bought my Moto G, I believed it was about the best price/quality ratio you could get. Seems like I was wrong. This phone is really impressive. Still happy with my Moto G, at least I can operate it with one hand.

PepitoTV

Honorable
Oct 10, 2013

I'm not, if you bought it, you deserve it :p

Seems like I found the replacement of my Nexus 4, that phone looks gorgeous.

folem

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2011
which carriers? you are leaving out the most important info
It's not locked to any carrier.

I'm really amazed at the price this thing is being launched. I'll look forward to buying one.

Well in the U.S. at least, "not locked to any carriers" usually means your choices are AT&T or T-Mobile, leaving out Verizion, which is likely the best option for smartphone users.

rwinches

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2006
Like the 3GB RAM
Love the CynanogenMod, 11S
Still don't go for non-replaceable battery
Still don't go for no SDXC slot.
Would like BT aptX
All the other features are SOTA
But the 1+ TWO could have more features.
Can't wait for the hands on tests

segio526

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
So, every site seems to be listing this thing with USB 3.0, but the port is just a 2.0 micro port. Did they cram the extra 5 pins in a standard size micro port that has to use a special cable or is everyone just wrong? Getting the phone either way.

Vladraconis

Honorable
Jun 10, 2013
To the guys commenting that the screen is too large, no front speakers, no replaceable battery etc : are you serious? There you have a 300 Euro phone with the specs of one that today sells for much more, and you pick on such trivial matters?

The specs look truly wow for that price. You do get quite a lot of phone for the money. You can even use it as a small tablet. And you get it already with CM on it, so you don't have to go through the hassle of doing that yourself.

Remains to be seen if the availability will be up to the demand, and how the major players on the market will react to this device. Oh, and how reliable it will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.