Question Onkyo TX-NR6100 USB Playback??

Cpt Snake

Commendable
Jan 20, 2022
Need help understanding the proper way to format and place mp3 music on a USB flash drive for music playback. Need to explain page 93/94 of manual.
Now I have the USD with he following;
File name>Music>MP3 tiles.

Only 333 songs will play. If I put 1028 songs, it locks up at connecting/loading. How many title can I safely load. Manual says 20,000. Explain how to do it? Thanks

Onkyo support says I have a firewall on my thumb drive. How can that be when I did a full format. Does not make sense. Need help.

Sorry tried to insert images. This below is from the manual.

This unit can use USB storage devices that comply with the USB mass storage class standard. Also the format of USB storage devices supports FAT16 or FAT32 file system format. • If the USB storage device has been partitioned, each section will be treated as an independent device. • Up to 20,000 tracks per folder are supported, and folders can be nested up to 16 levels deep. • USB hubs and USB storage devices with hub functions are not supported. Do not connect these devices to the unit. • If an AC adapter is supplied with the USB storage device, connect the AC adapter, and use it with a household outlet. • USB storage devices with security functions are not supported on this unit. • Media inserted to the USB card reader may not be available in this function. Furthermore, depending on the USB storage device, proper reading of the contents may not be possible. • In use of a USB storage device, our company accepts no responsibility whatsoever for the loss or modification of data stored on a USB storage device, or malfunction of the USB storage device. We recommend that you back up the data stored on a USB storage device before using it with this unit. • Note that operation is not always guaranteed for all USB storage devices

• When playing files recorded with VBR (Variable bit-rate), the playback time may not be displayed correctly. • This unit supports the gapless playback of the USB storage device in the following conditions. When continuously playing WAV, FLAC and Apple Lossless files with the same format, sampling frequency, the number of channels and quantization bit rate. • To display an album title, artist name and album art of a file in WAV format, make the folder structure and file names as shown below when saving music files. The album art can be displayed by saving a .jpg file to display on the screen in the folder of bottom level. Note that a large volume of .jpg file may take time to be displayed, or may not be displayed.
Folder 1 Artist name
Folder 1-1 Album name
file 1-1
file 2-1 file
3-1 Folder
1-2 Album name file
1-2 file 2-2 file 3-2
.jpg file .jpg fil