Question Online game disconnecting problem getting worse and worse each week.

Nov 21, 2020
ISP: Xfinity (only ISP in my area)
Plan: 150mbps with a data cap of 1TB (through cable)
The house is brand new.

Over the past few weeks, I have been working to solve an issue that spawned about 2 months ago. When the problem began, I had short packet loss spikes that would end up kicking me from a game of Valorant, CSGO, and Fortnite. Progressively the spikes became more common. Once the spikes were more common, they became longer. The spikes are so long now that they don't even allow me to reconnect to the match I was in. I know it isn't my computer because my friend, who lives in the same neighborhood, allowed me to test it on his network, and I had no issues whatsoever. I had a tech from Xfinity come out, and they replaced multiple things, including the xfi modem, bad coaxial cables, and a conduit pipe. This still hasn't fixed the problem, and as I stated, it gets worse by the day. I don't know how I would even go about solving this problem. I have eliminated multiple factors, and I'm sure there are factors that I don't even know about that could cause a problem.

Nov 21, 2020
Are you using wifi or hard wire connect while playing these games? And does your friend have the same internet as you?
I was using hard wired until I started getting disconnected. When I used hard wired and encountered a packet loss spike it would kick me out of the game with no hope of reconnecting. I am now forced to use WiFi to prevent from being kicked from the game. The packet loss spikes still happen on WiFi but for some reason WiFi lets me come back from freezing while hard wired doesn’t.

I was using hard wired until I started getting disconnected. When I used hard wired and encountered a packet loss spike it would kick me out of the game with no hope of reconnecting. I am now forced to use WiFi to prevent from being kicked from the game. The packet loss spikes still happen on WiFi but for some reason WiFi lets me come back from freezing while hard wired doesn’t.
And your friend has the same internet company and speed as you? And how far from the connection outside to your computer is the cable?

Nov 21, 2020
Yes my friend has the same speed and ISP as me. The connection from the outside cable “terminal” to my computer is about 100-150 feet. This problem also never used to occur and it just started randomly.

Ok so I don't see any glaring problem with your pc, and you said the internet company installed new devices. Packet loss is caused by signal getting lost on the way, or finding too much congestion along the way. Do you live in an apt complex or big city? Have you tried playing the games at like 3 am or just off peak hours to se if this may be the problem? You may have too much congestion in your area of use. Have you tried port forwarding for the games? This may help with a direct connection to the games.