Question Online game freezing for a few seconds.

Jan 20, 2021
Whilst playing Team Fortress 2 online I have been plagued with repeated "freezing". This issue only effects me online and not offline and also impacts Discord calls cutting off audio and sometimes disconnecting me from the call.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ueW7xwLy4w
- This is a link to a clip of the gaming "Freezing"

I have had this issue for a few months however I have historically been able to stop the issue by restarting my router, a method which is no longer working. During this time scale there have been lengths of time in which the issue was very infrequent and others where it happens roughly every 30 seconds.
This issue does not take place when I play the game with my old laptop on the same network.

Connection is via Wifi (secure)

Any advice would be apricated.

Last edited:
Whilst playing Team Fortress 2 online I have been plagued with repeated "freezing". This issue only effects me online and not offline and also impacts Discord calls cutting off audio and sometimes disconnecting me from the call.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ueW7xwLy4w
- This is a link to a clip of the gaming "Freezing"

I have had this issue for a few months however I have historically been able to stop the issue by restarting my router, a method which is no longer working. During this time scale there have been lengths of time in which the issue was very infrequent and others where it happens roughly every 30 seconds.

Any advice would be apricated.
how does your pc connect to the internet? cable, builtin wifi, wifi dongle etc...

Jan 20, 2021
edit:
connect it by cable to test if it´s a wifi problem
read the log files of your router
ask your ISP if something is wrong with your internet connection

eventually replace the router
I am currently unable to test using a cable as my setup is to far and cannot be moved currently (Will try tomorrow when i have time)
I was able to test with an old laptop. Connection was good with and without cable. consistent ping both near my setup and closer to the router.