Online Gaming Rubber Banding and Shuttering

ffttggyy579

Reputable
Nov 8, 2014
Straight to the point, online games are stuttering and rubber banding and I can’t figure out why they are. The games have been performing perfectly fine in the past, and sometimes perform just fine for extended periods of time, and then there are time in which stuttering and rubber banding occurs. This is sometimes after I have been playing the game for a while and sometime as soon as i start playing, restarting the pc sometime solves the problem but not always. I have run malware scans with Norton, spybot search and destroy and Malwarebytes, all returning clean results, optimized disks, and played around with game booster (turns off a few background functions and frees up cpu and ram), all of which have failed to solve the issue.
The stuttering consists of my screen doing the mini sections of static (dividing the screen into 3-4 sections, bit of static separating them) and my character re-appears elsewhere on the game. This appears to happen often when I am getting shot in counter strike but is not limited to when i get shot. Rocket league will often show me driving around normally then suddenly a small disconnect icon will appear briefly and I will lose control of my car, and will rubber band me elsewhere or often just have a cut and my car will be somewhere else completely. Hearthstone often has major lag, where I will perform a move and wait 5 seconds or so before any animations of actions happen.
I honestly haven’t got a clue as to what is going on, I have had issues with the net beforehand, I am currently using Ethernet cable again, working for unknown reasons now but this problem does not mirror the issue I had before.
Please help, if you need more info just say so, because I know I haven’t provided much in terms of solid info. (Your probably gonna have to tell me how to get said info)

ffttggyy579

Reputable
Nov 8, 2014

Sometime others are on and other times no one is (i mean no one is home, no pc's appart from mine are on), and in both cases i sometimes have perfect gameplay and laggy. Which means it could come down to isp, but the fact that most of the net problems have been isolated to my pc probably suggests its not them, but it could.
Any other ideas?

ffttggyy579

Reputable
Nov 8, 2014
Ow, something i forgot to say, as far as im aware, my ping in-game doesnt sky rocket when this happens. I average a ping below 15, and when these spikes happen, most of the time when i check the ping is still below 15, though there have been time where it shot up to 40-50 when it happened but i have never seen over 100

TRENDING THREADS