Online Status and Windows Messenger Account ID...

I have a page that indicates my online status for Windows Messenger. However, there is a problem with this indicator. I had to use a valid email address (aka my passport account id) in the source for this functionality, exposing that address to web-crawling spam-bots.

Is there a way to use an alias when checking for online status or must I setup a trash email account (that I'll never check) in order to provide this feature on my site?

Thanks for any advice or suggestions,

carl

Greeting Carl,

I guess it would depend on the service you're using to do this behavior. Obviously there's
nothing in Messenger to do this.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert