Question Online videos not displaying properly on my laptop ?

Peowdie

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2014
A lot of videos on my laptop are displaying completely broken, and I can't find anything online because most results are just related to slight flickering, ghostly lines etc. Instead of describing, I made a video of it. This problem shows on 9/10 videos on Facebook and about 3/10 videos on Youtube. Sometimes changing quality up or down helps, sometimes not. I'm at a complete loss.

My laptop is an Acer Nitro 5 N515-54 running Windows 10
CPU: i5-9300H
GPU: GTX 1660 Ti

It's about a year or so old.
All drivers are up to date.

Lutfij

Titan
First off, can you check and see if you've got any BISO updates pending? If you have a number of them, gradually work your way to the latest, do not jump to the latest version. Second, what version of Windows 10 are you on? You should ideally be on version 21H1. Then using DDU, uninstall your GPU drivers, reboot, then manually reinstall your GPU drivers with the latest from Nvidia's support site. By elevated I mean, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

You will need to manually source the driver, though, avoiding the automatic update process.

Peowdie

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2014
First off, can you check and see if you've got any BISO updates pending? If you have a number of them, gradually work your way to the latest, do not jump to the latest version. Second, what version of Windows 10 are you on? You should ideally be on version 21H1. Then using DDU, uninstall your GPU drivers, reboot, then manually reinstall your GPU drivers with the latest from Nvidia's support site. By elevated I mean, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

You will need to manually source the driver, though, avoiding the automatic update process.

I'm on Windows version 1809 according to the about in systems. According to another check, it's version 10.01.17763 Build 17763.
My bios is version is Insyde Corp. V1.30, 11-05-2020.

I see there's 3 BIOS updates available, so I'll try those first then see if that does anything, and then work my way through the other steps. :)

Peowdie

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2014
Alright, so windows is now at 20H2 with no update available to get 21H1.
The bios is also at version 1.34, the newest. Likewise I uninstalled the GPUs driver with DDU and reinstalled from a direct download from Nvidias website.

Still no luck.