OnLive Will Be Pre-Installed on Ouya

Status
Not open for further replies.

v3nom777

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2012
[citation][nom]whimseh[/nom]What is Ouya? We already have enough consoles. Stop making more.[/citation]

Somebody didn't read the article. Ouya is not your typical console either. Do a little more research before downing something you know nothing about.

azathoth

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2011
This is turning out to be quite the interesting little console. Hopefully it doesn't become overhyped with enormous expectations though, which is quite often the downfall of such devices.

aftcomet

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2010
I think Ouya is garbage and F2P is going to ruin gaming. Games will become all about accessorizing.

If you want affordable gaming get a couple hundred dollars and build a decent PC. Hundreds of quality titles on Steam for a few bucks.

IndignantSkeptic

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2011
If OUYA can do Onlive then shouldn't PS360 be able to as well considering they are quite a bit more expensive? Maybe they can't because their GPUs are less programmable because they are old?

Kryan

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2008
So they're going with the thumb cramping, cripple handed xbox controller setup? Because I like holding my left hand asymmetrically to my right... PUT BOTH ANALOGUE STICKS ON THE SAME HEIGHT!
already a reason for me not to buy this :(

proxy711

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2009
[citation][nom]IndignantSkeptic[/nom]If OUYA can do Onlive then shouldn't PS360 be able to as well considering they are quite a bit more expensive? Maybe they can't because their GPUs are less programmable because they are old?[/citation]
The GPU on a console really has nothing to do with Onlive. The gpu in the consoles wouldn't be rendering any images. That's the whole concept behind Onlive, to send pre-rendered graphics to a display over the internet. So even old less powerful computers or just anyone with a TV can play new games.

Sony and MS don't offer Onlive services on their consoles because the legal battles that would likely come up from being able to play PC/Xbox/PS games all on one system. And likely a thousand other reasons.

evilsizer

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2009
Add a browser (Chrome), and make it accessable from any pc on the home network ( sits in the living, playable in little Amy's room. You can add an external HD and it could be a HTPC without the tuner card. Media storage, browser, and game console for $99 (+50-100 for the HD). SOunds like a good deal.

sync_nine

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2010
We are still forgetting the main issue amongst all the hype
That is LATENCY, which was the same problem with Onlive.
If you are too far away from their server or have a mid range internet connection, your game will be soo laggy that its hardly playable.

Status
Not open for further replies.